TransIT provides technical and Management expertise in the format of consultations in the field of information
technology, for organizations and companies working in Egypt. Our IT consulting firm specializes in a wide range
of information technology solutions including :
- Project management
- System assessment
- System integration
- Risk assessment
- Contingency planning
- Network management and design
And many other information technology services and IT operations. All these and more are done exclusively
using our own full-time team of experts Our approach to achieving Service Excellence begins with a needs analysis.
During the analysis, we assess your systems environment and process work flows, documenting the challenges unique to
Our Field Service experts certain how well our solution aligns with your needs and then craft a practical
solution road map that will enable your company to :
- Provide best-in-class service to your customers
- Achieve maximum ROI
- Outperform your competition as a result of higher profitability
We believe there is an inseparable linkage between strategy, operations and execution. Our consultant Activities include :
- Meeting with clients to determine requirements.
- Working with clients to define the scope of a project.
- Planning timescales and the resources needed.
- Clarifying a client's system specifications, understanding their work practices and the nature of their business.
- Defining software, hardware and network requirements.
- Analyzing IT requirements within companies and giving independent and objective advice on the use of IT.
- Developing agreed solutions and implementing new systems.
- Presenting solutions in written or oral reports.
- Develop and issue the RFP of Project.
- Bid Evaluation (Evaluate and select vendor technical proposals.).
- Purchasing systems where appropriate.
- Designing, testing, installing and monitoring new systems.
- Preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers.
- Organizing training for users and other consultants.
- Being involved in sales and support and, where appropriate, maintaining contact with client organizations.
TransIT uses a project management methodology that was customized to take advantage of project management standards
such as PMI, Six Sigma, PRINCE2, and others. This methodology is also customized based on TransIT past experience
in managing and implementing projects in different Information Technology (IT) area especially in system integration area.
The system integration areas cover the infrastructure design and implementation in conjunction with the software development
Therefore, TransIT project management methodology consists of five phases :
- Manage Project Initiation.
- Manage Project Planning.
- Manage Project Execution.
- Manage Project Controls.
- Manage Project Closure.
Project Management Methodology Components
The Project Management Methodology delivers the following components :
- Management Plan: Project Charter, Risk Management, Deliverable Signoff Procedure, Problem Reporting,
Escalation Procedure, Change Request.
- Implementation Plan: Tasks, Dependencies, Resources, Time, Milestones, and Deliverables.
- Quality Plan: Follow up on implementation plan from the quality perspectives. This includes Development
Standards, Development Cycle, and Quality of the Project Deliverables.
- Development Plans: Each software development project has its own development plans including the normal
development process: Analyze, Design, Build and Develop, Test, and Product Documentation.
- Test Plans: The project has a consolidated test plan including acceptance criteria.
- Service Level Agreement: Support, Warranty, and Maintenance.
Methodology Process and Mechanisms
At the start of the project, TransIT works with the Customer client to develop a Project Charter Document
which sets out several factors and parameters such expectations, communications, reporting, escalation, risks,
and others. Project communications between participants, including TransIT, its subcontractors, and the client,
are essential to maintain a smoothly functioning project. Communications tools and processes consist of the following :
- Project Steering Committee Meetings: progress, costs, delivery dates, escalated issues, variances,
difficulties, resources, change requests.
- Project Management Meetings: Project updates covering activities completed, milestone due next period,
issues that require team awareness and discussion, critical issues. Frequency bi- weekly.
- Data Gathering Sessions: IT Assessment for existing infrastructure, and Software Business Analysis for Software Development.
- Status Reports: Weekly, Monthly, End-of-Project, Updated Project Plan.
- Achievements: Through two mechanisms :
- Reports list deliverables and achievements for each month and next month, Issues, Agenda for Project Steering
Committee Meeting, list of outstanding defects.
- Presentations to demo deliverables.
Project Management Tools
The Project Management Tools include :
- Communications: MS Word, Email, Fax.
- Project Planning: MS Project.
- Defect Tracking: Mantis.
- Documentations: Word, PDF.
- Development Source Code Control – Depends on the Software Development Subcontractor.
TransIT Customers List :
- Arab Labor Organization