Data Center Operations and Management overview
A Data Center is more than the sum of its parts. Data Center management requires a highly skilled IT staff armed
with the appropriate orchestration tools to manage servers, OS, VM, Data Bases and electro-mechanical devices.
In addition, operational modes – such as business continuity and disaster recovery – demand planning and practice
to ensure a healthy business with key features :
- High Availability Strategies
- Business Continuity
- Systems Management
- Proactive strategies
- Automation and orchestration
- Standards-based management
- Hosting strategies
- Disaster Preparedness and Recovery
Server & Storage Management
- Server & storage monitoring and reporting
- covers all operational parameters done onsite or remotely with tools that provide utilization, performance
and availability reports.
- Administration and troubleshooting of servers/ services
- includes all aspects of relevant ITIL processes.
- Install/ upgrade/ patching of servers& storage firmware
- covering a broad range of operating systems includes full system backup after an initial installation.
- Server & storage security & hardening
- highly customized capabilities, updated as threats evolve to ensure that critical resources have up-to-date
patches and are able to defend against known vulnerabilities.
- Backup, recovery and job scheduling
- this includes full, incremental or cumulative approaches covering clients, servers and storage units.